If you wish to apply to this scholarship program, please read the information below. Application is available on the award website.
Award Website: http://www.fundforeducationabroad.org/
: No previous language study required
minimum of 4 weeks
: enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S
U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
Up to 15 awards up to $10,000 each
Open - November
Close - January
Fund for Education Abroad Scholarships
Up to 15 awards. Up to $10,000 each. There are also several awards additional awards designated to meet specific parameters.
Application DEADLINE is typically in November in recent years. FEA awards appear to support study abroad in any country so long as other requirements and preferences are met.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
• Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S.
• Must be applying for a study abroad program eligible for credit at the student’s educational institution
• Must plan to study abroad for a minimum of 4 weeks in country
• Is committed to supporting education abroad in his/her campus community through work with the FEA and his/her campus education abroad staff upon return
• Applying to a study abroad program known for its academic rigor and immersion elements
• Applying to a study abroad program that includes studying the language of the host country (if not English)
• Applying to a study abroad program with a sustainable service-learning or volunteering component
• Applying to a study abroad program in a non-traditional destination
• Demonstrates financial need
• FEA strongly encourages students to apply who represent a group that is traditionally underrepresented in education abroad