This scholarship program is not run through the Office of International Education at Carroll University. Therefore the APPLY NOW button has been removed. If you wish to apply to this scholarship program, please follow the directions below.
Award Website: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/#&panel1-4
Africa, Australia, Ireland, Italy, Mexico and Netherlands
No previous language study required
Field of Study:
Business, Journalism, and Science & Public Health
Within the Full Grant structure of the U.S. Student Program, a number of special study or academic focus opportunities are available.
will be available for all countries where there is an active U.S. Student Fulbright Program to conduct research around an aspect of international musical culture. Projects should focus on contemporary or popular music as a cultural force for expression. Preference will be given to recent graduates. In addition to the Fulbright application, an mtvU Documentation and Outreach Plan is required.
For additional information and requirements on the award, please see Fulbright-mtvU Awarddetails.
Critical Language Enhancement Award
• The Critical Language Enhancement Award provides an opportunity for Fulbright U.S. Student Program grantees to receive three to six months of intensive language study in addition to their research or study grants. Only select languages and host-countries are available for this opportunity.
For additional information and requirements on the award please seeCritical Language Enhancement Award details.
Fulbright Business Grants
Special Fulbright business opportunities are offered in:
• Australia: One Fulbright-ANU College of Business and Economics Postgraduate Scholarship for study in Business or Economics.
• Mexico: Nine Binational Business Grants to enhance knowledge, expertise, and understanding of post-NAFTA Mexico are available for students interested in combining coursework in international business or law with an internship at a Mexico-based company conducting international or legal business.
• Netherlands: NAF/Fulbright Duisenberg School of Finance Grantsgive students access to a premier private finance school located in the heart of Europe with world-class faculty and direct links to industry leaders in the world of finance. Duisenberg School of Finance offers MSc programs in Finance and Law, Asset Management, Risk Management, Corporate Finance and Banking, as well as an LLM in Finance and Law and a Ph.D. in Finance.
• Spain: Fulbright/Instituto de Empresa Grants: One International MBA Grant for full-time study in a one-year international MBA program; One grant for a Master’s in International Management; One grant for a Master’s in Journalism.
Fulbright Journalism Grants
Special Fulbright journalism opportunities are offered in:
• Germany: 5 Professional Journalism Awards for beginning professional journalists or recent graduates in journalism or related fields to conduct independent research and serve as interns or guest journalists at newspapers, publishers or television and radio stations in Germany.
• UK: 1 Alistair Cooke Award in Journalism for a candidate to pursue the first year of a graduate-level program in Journalism in the UK. There is a possibility of an internship with the BBC for the successful candidate. The award is open to candidates at all degree levels.
• Taiwan: Internships in International Education or Journalism
Opportunities in the Sciences and Public Health
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program welcomes applicants in the sciences to all eligible countries. Please note the specific grants below:
• Australia: The Fulbright CSIRO Postgraduate Scholarship provides the opportunity for Fulbrighters to undertake postgraduate research with Australia’s leading and largest science research organization, CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization). Candidates currently enrolled in Ph.D. programs are eligible to apply.
• Chile: The Chile Science Initiative provides three grants for Master’s level or Ph.D. students conducting study/research at specified Chilean universities. Some programs may not require a high level of Spanish proficiency since much of the work at the Institutes is conducted in English.
• Indonesia: The Fulbright Indonesia Research, Science & Technology (FIRST) Awards provide scholarships for Americans to study, teach, and conduct research in priority science and technology fields.
• Netherlands: The NAF/Fulbright Research Fellowships provides grants for Ph.D. level candidates in the fields of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics; NAF/Fulbright Fellowship for Childhood Cancer Research provides a grant for a post M.D. or Ph.D. in oncology.
• Sub-Saharan Africa: The Fulbright/Fogarty Fellowships in Public Health, offered in partnership with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), promote the expansion of research in public health and clinical research in resource-limited settings. Five awards
will be available to seven NIH-approved sites in Sub-Saharan Africa in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, South Africa, Uganda, and Zambia. Grant details vary by country. For additional information, refer to the appropriate
Participating Country Summary at us.fulbrightonline.org, and visit the Fulbright/Fogarty Fellowships website athttp://www.fogartyscholars.org/fulbright-fogarty-fellowship.
Other Fulbright Country-Specific Awards
While many countries offer specific awards, applicants must indicate in the SPECIAL PROGRAMS section of the application if they wish to be considered for one of the awards listed above or listed below.
• Africa, Sub-Saharan: Fulbright/Fogarty Fellowships
• Australia: CSIRO
• Ireland: Irish Language
• Italy: Slow Foods
• Italy: Deaf Studies
• Mexico: Graduate Degree Awards
• Mexico: Public Policy Initiative
• Netherlands: Water Management Award