Skip to content

Military and Veteran Students

Military Page Flag

In recognition of the fact that veterans may have had a significant cross-cultural experience as part of their military service, Carroll offers a route to fulfilling the CCE requirement that is for veterans only.  Students who meet the criteria and can show that they have had both preparation and immersion may be able to take a special section of the course CCS 300 (section M), to meet their CCE requirement.

The following conditions must be met for approval:
  • The student took part in courses offered or required by the military specifically designed to prepare people whose assignment involved intercultural work.
  • The student was posted overseas or to a location where the assignment involved in depth work with persons from a culture different from the student’s own.  
  • The student worked and communicated with persons of another culture for at least a one-month appointment.
  • The experience took place within five years of entering Carroll University.  
Please note that basic training or domestic service DOES NOT meet the current criteria for a cross-cultural immersion.  For more information on CCE options, please contact or stop by Office of Global Education (1st Floor, Kilgour Hall) for more information.

Students who have an experience that matches these requirements should complete the petition form (below) and send it to the Office of Global Education. The Associate Dean of General Education, in consultation with the GCCE Committee, will review petitions monthly during fall and spring terms.
If the petition for the military immersion experience is approved, students will be automatically enrolled in a two-credit course (CCS 300, section M) to complete the CCE requirement.  If it is not approved, the student may elect to reapply or to select an existing CCE option.  Please note that CCS300 section M is a FALL term, 2-credit course, so plan accordingly.
Simply completing the petition does not guarantee approval.  Students who are approved MUST complete CCS 300 course, with a passing grade, in order to earn credit for the CCE.

The advisor that oversees this course is Cyd Fode, 262-524-7663, please contact her with questions.

Immersion Approval: Military Immersion Policy and Petition.docx

Need Help Writing Your Petition? Prompts for Military Service Petition.docx